Open Farm Day: Sunday, July 20
We’re really excited to be part of Bowdoinham’s Open Farm Day again this year! What will you see if you come to the farm on Sunday, July 20 between 9:30 am – 12:00 noon?
- You’ll see baby animals including our goslings, turkeys and bantam chicks.
- You’ll see our poultry operation which includes both cornish cross and red bro chickens, our laying flock and our pullets.
- You’ll see our ruminants including our cows, goats and sheep.
- You’ll hear about how the farm was started and meet the whole farm crew including Abby, Jake, Janet and Pete.
- You’ll learn more about how the farm supports wild life and the ecosystem; including bird sightings, forestry management and pollinator habitat.
There will be an on-farm store set-up so be sure to pack a cooler to pick up some meats for the grill, or stick around for the Barbecue, 3-6pm at the Mailly Waterfront Park. Catered by Chef Bryan Leary the meal will include Apple Creek Farm meats along with veggies and other goodies from Bowdoinham farms.
Things to consider- Our farm is a working farm, we’ll mow the lawn but don’t expect everything to look picturesque! Please bring appropriate gear such as close-toed shoes or boots, a water bottle and snacks for your smalls. We’ll have a boot wash and ask that if you are coming from a farm with any critters that you wash up before you walk around. Likewise if you’re headed to another participating farm, we suggest you rinse off before heading out.