Open Farm Day 2018
We’re really excited to be part of both Bowdoinham’s Open Farm Day & Art Trail & Maine’s Statewide Open Farm Day again this year! Our farm will be open on Sunday, July 22 between 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. We hope you’ll join us!
Let’s us know you’ll attend by visiting our event page.
What type of activities can you expect?
- Self guided farm tours all day
- Farmer led tours at 9:30 am, 10:30 am and 11:30. Farmer led tours are about an hour and will include visits to all our animals and cover various aspects of farm production.
- Children’s Activities including adventures in the “Grasshopper Field,” coloring and games
- Meet & Greet with our canine crew including Ida & Rye
- Get to know our friendliest goats & sheep
- Delicious snacks and treats from Turtle Rock Farm
- Shop at our Pop-Up Farm Store (All sheepskins & goat hides ON SALE!)
Be sure to pack a cooler to pick up some meats for the grill, or stick around for the Barbecue, 3-6pm at the Mailly Waterfront Park. Catered by the Texas Barbeque Company the meal will include Apple Creek Farm chicken along with veggies and strawberry shortcake made with ingredients from Bowdoinham farms.
Things to consider– Our farm is a working farm. We’ll mow the lawn but don’t expect everything to look picturesque! Please bring appropriate gear such as close-toed shoes or boots, a water bottle and snacks for your children. We’ll have a boot wash and ask that if you are coming from a farm with any critters that you wash up before you walk around. Likewise if you’re headed to another participating farm, we suggest you rinse off before heading out.
What won’t you see when you visit? Dogs! Having three on-farm dogs, we ask that you make other plans for your canine friends.