Breakfast IS the most important part of the day and isn’t it even more delicious when it’s ready quickly?!
One of our favorite breakfasts to make ahead of time are these sausage egg cups. Despite our intentions to make them last for a few days, these frequently become our favorite snack for second breakfast too, so make a double batch!
Endlessly customizable, use your frozen grated zucchini from last year’s garden or substitute with seasonal delights such as basil and tomato in summer.
- 1 lb Apple Creek Farm
Fennel & Sage Beef Sausage OR Rosemary Mutton Sausage
- 12 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped greens – chard, collards, kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Balfour Farm (cow’s milk) OR Coppertail Farm (goat’s milk)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini*
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*
* Optional ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 12 regular sized muffin cups or 16 mini muffin cups with your favorite Apple Creek Farm grass-fed fat (beef or sheep)
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined
- Stir in greens, feta cheese, zucchini & parmesan cheese (optional)
- Divide sausage into 12 or 16 portions (depending on size of muffin cups)
- Press sausage into greased muffin cup. Be generous as the sausage will shrink.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, remove from oven
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with egg mixture on top of sausage
- Place back in oven, bake 15 – 20 minutes (regular sized) 10-12 minutes (mini) or until eggs have risen and golden
- Store in fridge up to 5 days
- Warm up in the oven or on stovetop