THIS SUNDAY is Bowdoinham Open Farm Day! Apple Creek will be open from 9-1pm and we look forward to seeing you! Make it a day trip by staying around for the local foods barbeque happening at the Mailly Waterfront Park 3 pm – 6 pm, the meal will include Apple Creek chicken smoked to perfection by event caterer, The Texas Barbeque Company.
What Can You Expect?
- You’ll see baby animals including our (goat) kids, turkeys and bantam chicks.
- You’ll see our poultry operation which includes both Cornish cross and Red Bro chickens, our two laying flocks
- You’ll see our ruminants including our cows, goats and sheep.
- You’ll hear about how the farm was started and meet the whole farm crew including Abby, Jake, Janet and Pete
- You’ll learn more about how the farm supports wildlife and the ecosystem
- There will be an on-farm store set-up so be sure to pack a cooler to pick up some steaks for the grill or sign-up for a Thanksgiving Turkey
Things to consider- Our farm is a working farm, we’ll mow the lawn but don’t expect everything to look picturesque! Please bring appropriate gear such as close-toed shoes or boots, a water bottle and snacks for your smalls. We’ll have a boot wash and ask that if you are coming from a farm with any critters that you wash up before you walk around. Likewise if you’re headed to another participating farm, we suggest you rinse off before heading out.
What won’t you see when you visit? Dogs! Having three on-farm dogs, we ask that you make other plans for your canine friends.